It's an exciting month here at CHAMPS Oncology. Our fearless leader, Toni Hare, is celebrating her 29-year anniversary with CHAMPS!
In this day and age, it's rare to find an employee with that kind of longevity with an organization. It truly says something about the positive culture she has had a hand in shaping here.
In honor of her anniversary with CHAMPS, I thought I'd share five pieces of trivia about Toni and her impressive career in the cancer registry:
1. She has delivered more than 25 presentations at conferences like ACE, ACCC, NCRA and state association meetings in her 29 years with CHAMPS, most recently at the 2019 ACE Annual Meeting.
2. Since we launched our blog in 2014, she has authored 30+ Oncology Outlook posts.
3. As V.P. of CHAMPS Oncology, she helps others cultivate their cancer registry careers by leading a team of more than 70 cancer information specialists.
4. In her career, she has had many different titles: cancer registry coordinator, manager, executive director, and the list goes on.
5. She couldn’t have made it to where she is today without the support of her wonderful family. She has been married to husband John for 43 years, raised three children and is the proud grandmother of two – with one more on the way!
It has been a privilege to work with, and learn from, Toni since I joined CHAMPS in 2017. Congrats to her on this exciting work anniversary with CHAMPS!
Do you have a fond memory of working with Toni? Please share in the comment section below...
CHAMPS Oncology will attend, exhibit and present at the National Cancer Registrar Association's (NCRA) 46th Annual Educational Conference that is taking place virtually Monday, Sept. 21 through Wednesday, Sept. 23.
CHAMPS Oncology Regional Manager Amanda Harvey-McKee, BA, CTR, will be presenting during the Registry Management Symposium portion of the conference. Her presentation, Transform Your Cancer Program with the Data You Collect, will take place during the conference. Check back for more details on her presentation as the conference date approaches!
Visit our booth to learn about our cancer registry careers and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Learn more about the NCRA 46th Annual Educational Conference by visiting their website.
Where: ONLINE - VIRTUAL FORMAT
When: Sep 21, 2020 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
ACCC 46th Annual Meeting & Cancer Center Business Summit
CHAMPS Oncology will attend and exhibit at the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) 45th Annual Meeting and Cancer Center Business Summit.
Follow the hashtag #AMCCBS to stay connected or visit their website here.
Where: Washington Hilton, DC
When: Mar 4, 2020 -
CHAMPS Oncology Annual Meeting: 2020 Cancer Program Insights
CHAMPS Oncology's Annual Meeting: 2020 Cancer Program Insights will be held Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Register now to attend our free, in-person meeting.
What are the objectives?
Review NEW CoC Standards.
Receive NEW Compliance at a Glance Tool.
Ensure you're prepared for your first quarter cancer committee.
Who should attend?
Certified Tumor Registrars (CTRs)
Cancer Service Line Leaders
Cancer Committee Members
Follow #CHAMPSAnnualMeeting to stay connected.
Can't attend in person? Downloadable version and CEs will be available for purchase.
Interested in joining the CHAMPS Oncology team and learning about our rich history? Watch this video detailing our team's 40+ years of cancer registry experience and then apply here:https://bit.ly/3jiXfXF
Stay current with your cancer registry — let CHAMPS Oncology implement our concurrent abstracting for you. Our methods provide your organization with timely cancer registry data, so you can focus on saving lives. Find out more about our tested and proven approach that is making waves in the industry:https://bit.ly/3aJAjh7